Sunday, June 3, 2012

C'est la vie!

Well all it's time for a random blog post about nothing don't you think?  I have absolutely nothing to write about.  It has been an incredibly boring week for us.  Although I always have a ton of projects and things I'm working on.  But they have all been at home so we haven't gotten out that much.  Plus the back tire on our van is low and leaking and we need to get that fixed, so that is also affecting my ability to leave the house (or wanting to for fear of getting a flat tire.) 

Rich has been working a lot.  He has had no days off since last Sunday and will not have one until Tuesday.  So we're pretty much just hanging in there.  C'est la vie.  My motto for my life.  It's funny because I feel like I've seen him a lot...but we haven't been really "talking" because we're both tired.  So last night, we just kind of smiled a lot at each other with not much to say while we watched, "World's Scariest Plane Crashes" on Discovery Channel.  Don't be jealous ladies...I can't help it if I lead such a passionate life.

Friday I actually had a fun day.  I cooked all day in my kitchen making a meal to take to a family that just had their 5th little baby.  I kind of enjoyed cooking, it was like a cloudy fall day outside, very chilly, so it made me kind of happy.  I made Chow Mein Hotdish.  I am concerned they probably didn't like it...I made another pan for my family...and I think the pan I made for us turned out better.  I cooked the one I brought to the family in an aluminum pan that they could just throw out (hopefully they didn't throw out the whole thing!).  I wonder if things just cook differently in those.  Anyways...we enjoyed the Chow Mein Hotdish.  It is comfort food, Minnesota Style.  Here is the recipe I used: 

Chow Mein Hotdish

1 1/2 pounds of Ground Beef
2 cups of Celery
1 small Onion
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cups of water
3/4 cups of rice
2 TBSP Worchestershire Sauce
4 TBSP Soy Sauce
Chow Mein Noodles

Cook the ground beef and add celery and onion and cook until tender.  I then transfer this to a large mixing bowl.  Add all the other ingredients except the chow mein noodles.  Poor in a 13 by 9 inch pan and bake at 350 for 1 hr and 15 min.  We add the chow mein noodles before we eat it.   Some people bake them on top for 10 min.  I don't like doing it that way because I like them crunchy.  And Voila!  Chinese Food a la Minnesota! 

I also made them a Peach and Blueberry Cobbler.  I love this recipe.  I just found it and it's so easy to do.  You take any kind of fruit you like (you can also you pie filling, I used Cherry Pie Filling once and it was so good) spread fruit on the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch pan.  Pour a Yellow Cake Mix on top of the fruit evenly.  Take 1 Stick of Butter and cut it up and spread chunks all over the dry cake mix.  Bake at 350 for 45 min and Voila!  Instant Fruit Cobbler!  Of course a stick of butter makes everything taste fabulous.

Maybe I should write a cook book and call it  "Voila! Recipes for Lazy Moms"  ha ha ha ha!  Making myself laugh. 

Looking forward to this week.  Rich has two days off.  The boys are attending Kids Day at Ian's preschool on Tuesday, so Rich and I can have a date morning.  We'll probably do something really romantic...like...take the van in to get the tire fixed.  C'est la vie! 

And I added two new polls on for all my Bachelorette readers to answer!  Thought it would be fun to see how you all answer these questions!!! 

That's all from here!!!!  Have a fantastic week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment