Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September!

I have slacked off from my blogging efforts.  I tell you...it has been a busy month.  Not just busy as in running from here to there, but emotionally exhausting with all the changes of having a kindergartener.  


Ian started kindergarten on August 20th!  They start them early out here in the corn fields.  He has since come to LOVE school.  He has such a passion for going every morning it's inspiring.  It was hardest on mommy.  I didn't want him to leave me, even though I knew it would be good for all of us and he was oh so ready.  


I was most nervous for him to take the bus.  I don't know why, but I felt a lack of control simply putting him on a bus and saying, "bye!  see ya later!"  But honestly, it's been so good for him.  He loves riding the bus.  It makes him feel independent and it's something only he gets to do.  So even though the bus stop is around the corner and down the street, the walks back and forth have been enjoyable, because I have a happy kid!  And Dalton loves going to the bus stop but also wants to go on the bus too!  


Now the first week was not easy on this mommy.  The first day after he got on the bus, Rich and I had walked him down to the bus stop.  As the bus pulled away, I burst into tears.  I think it was just a release of all these emotions of this day building up inside of me.  And finally, it happened and I missed him and I had to just let him go.  So Rich being the sweetheart that he is, looked at me and said, "do you want to follow the bus?"  Of course I did!  So we sat far enough back from the school, just to see that the bus had made it and that their were people out in the parking lot helping kids off the bus.  For some reason I thought he would be left out to dry.  But they did a great job with him.

Dalton also had a milestone in his preschool life.  He started last week!  He is attending the same preschool Ian went to last year.  He has his teachers and they seem to love Dalton.  Even though he is in constant motion.  Dalton does not ever sit still.  But they are extremely patient with him.  But I had warned them this was my concern with Dalton.  I wrote it all over his "Tell Us About Your Child" Forms:  What does your child enjoy doing: "running and moving"  What does your child dislike: "Sitting still and time-outs", List your child's interests: running, What do you want your child to learn this year: "sitting still and listening"  You get the picture.

The other cool thing about having Ian in kindergarten is that I do get some fun alone time with Dalton.  Although he gets bored without Ian and requires more attention I think it's been positive.  

 Rich and I had a lot of special time with Ian and now it's Dalton's turn.  We're all enjoying it.  

But I have to say I miss my baby moments with the boys.  They are so busy and strong-willed I don't get a lot of cuddle time anymore with them.  The Lord knows this and has provided me with time with my boys where I can see they still need their mommy's nurturing.  This morning Ian got in bed with us and I sat up and he just wanted me to hold him.  So I did.  He just melted into my arms and I rubbed his back and he just needed some time with his mommy.  It warmed my heart and help get me ready for my day.  There is definietly something to building your child's self-confidence when they know how much they are loved. 


So that is what we've been up to!  This week starts off our real routine now that Bible Study, MOPs and Soccer are all starting!  Not to mention my Scentsy stuff keeps me busy and I have an event this weekend.  So there is never a dull moment in these parts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment