Monday, July 9, 2012

The Bacheloerette: Overnight but not really Dates!

So I have been not blogging about the Bachelorette for a few reasons.  But I will give you my take on things as where we have them now.  Tonight was her overnight dates with her final three, Sean, Jef and Arie.  They are on the beautiful island of Curacao.  My problem right now is that I love all three guys are Emily at this point.  Even Jef.  Jef has surprised me over the last few weeks.  He is sweet and intelligent and oddly getting more attractive to me. 

1st date with Sean.  Sean and Emily go to a private island and Emily is concerned Sean hasn't really said his true feelings.  Sean wants to tell her he loves her but he knows it's hard to tell a girl that.  Which is concerning to Emily.  And on the beach Sean didn't give Emily a lot of indication if he is in love with her.  But they did go snorkeling.   Can Sean though really be in love this soon?  It could take a long time for some guys. 

So at dinner Emily asks him again.  And he doesn't want her to have any fears.  So Sean wrote Ricki a letter and read it to Emily.  It was weird because they aren't married or engaged.  But Sean professes his dedication to them in the letter.  It was sweet I guess. 

FINALLY after Emily looked at him longingly all day, Sean tells her he can't stop thinking about her and that he has fallen in love with her.  But I felt like he as really nervous and strange tonight.  But they went to the Fantasy suite and hot tubbed it.  But she ended up not spending the night with him, because she wanted to set an example for her daughter.  But that was okay with Sean...he's going to marry her. 

2nd date with Jef.  They went on a boat.  Jef is 100% he wants to be with Emily, but he knows there are two other guys.  He is the only guy saying "if."  Jef is pretty much the only intelligent guy here.  I mean he is above average intelligent.  He is thinking through the whole situation with Ricki and feels very balanced with her.  I like the way their relationship has developed.  My only fear for Jef is that Emily's aspirations for being a celebrity and money could ruin it.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Emily appears her age with Jef.  She deserves that in a way, she always looks so old and stuffy...but with Jef she tries to be younger or at least act like a 26 year old. 

So they have dinner.  And let's be honest, watching Sean at dinner was like watching a deer in headlights...Jef had questions and was intelligent and thoughtful.  It's nice to see.  Loved Jef's question about "you're hot and amazing, why has it not worked out with anyone???"  Basically they talked about how perfect the other person is.  But then Jef asked the sweetest question, "am I a good fit for Ricki?"  I thought that was a good and genuine question. 

Then there was the fantasy suite card.  Jef didn't want to disrespect Emily and put her in a bad situation as she is a mom.  They decided to go and spend some time together but not spend the night.  Emily was funny, that Jef turned him down because she was going to say the same thing.  So they "bridaled their passions."  Sounds like something my friend MacBeth would have said. 

3rd Date with Arie.  Arie is super nuts for Emily.  And I have loved Arie from the beginning.  But they seriously make out way too much.  He is super intense.  On their date they were on a catamaran and swam with dolphins.  Emily admits all they do is kiss.  But since I know what it's like to be in a relationship when all you do is kiss and not stop long enough to actually learn their name...totally kidding!  I think the problem with Arie and Emily is that they don't really know each other. 

So at dinner, Emily asks him "I don't know what you do on like a Tuesday morning."  It was interesting watching them learn about each other and talking while they aren't making out.  Arie doesn't ask a lot about Ricki.   But he finally asks some questions and shares his ideas on warming up to Ricki and being a father figure.  So it was a good thing. 

So the fantasy suite card is there but not.  She decides not to give him the card...because she doesn't trust herself.  Good decision.  Arie is a make out king...but he appears to be good at it.  Whoa.  He is hot. 

THE DECISION

Emily is struggling because she had three perfect dates.  I agree.  She made some good decisions on her final three.  Emily gets to see three videos from the guys to remind her how hot Sean and Arie are and how intelligent Jef is.   Ultimately, she struggles with it, but let's Sean go. 

Here is how her thought process went (in my mind):  If I get ride of Jef, I'll look stupid and if I get rid of Arie I will miss kissing him.  But if I get rid of Sean...well...he took the longest to tell me he loved me.  So....I guess Sean has to go.

Goodness.  I would hate to be in her shoes.  She seriously had some good looking guys.  But none of them compare to my husband so I guess I end up the lucky one tonight. 


NEXT WEEK : MEN TELL ALL!  WOO-HOO!








No comments:

Post a Comment