Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Neglect of a Blog

If my blog were my child I would have been turned into CPS by now.  I have been so very neglectful.  Lots of reasons...none you will care about.  But tonight for some reason it feels good to sit and blog for a few minutes. 

If you are actually still reading this...do you ever sit and just take in a moment you are having.  Right now I am having a simple and very fulfilling moment.  It is 12:57am.  It was so hot all day that now as I sit and type and have a fan blowing on me and I look around a dark room I see something that makes me so happy.  I am visiting my parents right now and I am sleeping across from my boys who are in bunk beds.  It's such a perfect summer moment right now, the sound of the fan and the cool breeze after a hot day...and my boys.  Ahhhh...my sweet boys lying peacefully in bed after a fun-filled day.  Tonight when it got dark they went out to do Sparklers with their cousin and my mom gave them each a glow necklace.  They brought them to bed tonight and I can see two little glow necklaces in the dark right now.  It makes me happy. 

Summer is not my favorite season, yet it brings back so many memories for me.  Especially being at my parents.  I spent summers at my grandparents farm out here.  Even the smell in the air and the taste of the water reminds me of their farm.  Love my summer memories and I'm so happy I'm able to make so many with the boys.  I love being outside with them and watching them swim and play and go on tractor rides with grandpa.

We had a lovely 4th of July.  I didn't think Rich was going to come because he had to work all week except the 4th, but at the last minute he decided to come see us today.  It's a long drive to make but we were all happy to have him here with us.  And as I lay in bed right now, he's the only thing missing from my perfect summer night.  Even though he would most likely be lying next to me playing some sort of game on his phone :-)  I take what I can get of him. 

Are you wondering about my Bachelorette posts?  Are you?  Well if you are tell me and I may do a belated post on them.  I have had so much going on I decided the last few weeks to veg out and watch them without the commentary. 

Anyone else following along the crazy divorce proceeding of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise?  Yikes!  It kind of makes me so nervous for HER.  I think Tom Cruise is a hot mess.  He is sooooo good looking.  But my personal opinion is that he is a fruit-loop and I'm so happy that she is trying to get out of it.  But that little girl.  Sigh.  I don't think she should be kept out of her dad's life.  But I think a stable home is most important with a primary parent. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.  Makes me super grateful for my husband.  Our goal was to stay married past Brittney Spears and Kevin Federline as they got married one month before Rich and I did.  Well it's safe to say we accomplished our goal!  Wasn't even that much of a challenge! 

Well the clock now read 1:08am.  Must close this post and drift off to a lovely summertime sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment