Sunday, July 8, 2012

My New Facebook Theory

I have a theory.  Beware.  I hate facebook with a passion sometimes.  It makes people just feel bad about themselves.  One of my friends wrote a blog article that was sooooo good, about how as a new mom Facebook has been a great thing and a terrible thing all at once.  On the one hand she feels connected to the outside world when she's home all day...but on the other hand she sees all her friends "checking in" when they are out with each other.  And this leads to the "why wasn't I invited?"  She got so many comments on this post with people feeling the same way! 

I am sure that everyone feels this way at some point.  Well...almost everyone.  Here's my theory.  I believe I can tell what type of person someone is by the number of friends they have on Facebook.  My husband does not agree with my theory.  He is wrong.  He doesn't agree because he doesn't like where HE falls on my theory. 

I obviously can't post this post on Facebook as I may get people mad at me.  Not that I care.  I could afford to lose a few friends on there.  ha ha ha!  That really made me laugh.  (deviously) 

So here is how people rank:

1-45 Friends:  You are not really on Facebook that much.  You probably got interested in it but have a life and decided it's not really worth your time. 

46-110 Friends:  You have been racking your brain trying to figure out why people are not friending you.  You are finding yourself desperately out of place by the lack of attention your posts get.  You may be getting paranoid about Facebook and soon be giving it up. 

111-280 Friends:  You are a good solid friend on Facebook.  You have a good combo of work friends, family, childhood friends and a few aquintances you let pass through the system.  You find you can manage your friends nicely and even figure out when someone unfriends you and post about it to make yourself feel better.  Overall you are a very liked person and have a good balance between facebook and real life. 

281-499 Friends:  You are desperate.  You have added everyone you've thought of.  You post lots and sometimes count the number of friends who leave you birthday greetings and compare it to the number of friends you have.  You notice when your friend number drops and can't figure out who deleted you.  You start re-reading your posts and wonder why no one likes them.  You have also probably posted over 800 photos on facebook.  Your whole life revolves about your facebook time and when to download things to Facebook.  You are trying to meet more people to up your friend count. 

500+ Friends:  You are a Facebook Slut. You let anyone and everyone on your Facebook page and don't really ever check in to Facebook, you just add people.  When you do post your "fans" think you are amazing.  You don't even know half of your friends.  You are probably a very popular person, but beware of the "friending" issue you have.  You may need to talk with a real life friend to help you figure out how the heck you got to the point that you now "know" 500+ friends.   If all 500 of your friends have an average of 200 friends and you don't have your security settings right your personal information and photos of your beach vacay in your bathing suit may have just gone out to 100,000 people!  The problem with these types of people is the fact that 100,000 people just saw them in a swim suit will probably make them very happy because they like to be liked and seen.  So my message to the 500+ people...figure out what a real friend is and stop the "friending" around!

There I said my peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment